Saturday, July 5, 2014

Week 26: New way to answer the question "What do you wanna do today?"

My boyfriend and I often fall into the what-do-you-wanna-do-today-I-don't-know-what-do-you-wanna-do-today trap. And so we agree that after watching something on Netflix, we will take on that challenge again. But we don't, and it becomes a vicious cycle of watching lots of Netflix and never doing anything fun or new. So! I've got a solution to that now :)


The New:
Remember that jar I made two weeks ago? Well I'm putting it to good use this week. Here's what I did:
I looked up date ideas on Pinterest and found several good lists with fun things to do. Then, I wrote out all the dates on popcicle sticks with an ultra fine point sharpie and split them into 3 categories: free, $20 or less, and lets plan for it.
I used nail polish to paint the ends of the sticks, based on the categories they were in. If you look at the picture below, purple is free, pink is $20 or less, and sea foam green requires the extra planning and money. I'm debating the need for a 4th category that's between $20 and $100, but I'm sticking with these 3 for now to see if it solves the problem.

Anyway, whenever we get bored now, we will have a way to fix that problem :)

The Evidence:



The Verdict:
I must admit, I just finished this little project and I'm still thinking of new ideas to add, so I have not had the opportunity to actually try this out yet, but I have no doubt that it will work!




Any questions on how I did this? What variation did you make to it? What ideas did you write on your popcicle sticks? Let me know in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment