Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Winter Dates

This time of year, it seems like everyone has someone special in their life. I spent many a holiday season as a single lady, sipping hot cocoa by myself and avoiding any public scene that was guaranteed to be swarming with happy couples. This year though, I have a wonderful man in my life and I could not be happier about it. We live in different cities, so we don't get to spend a lot of time together, but I will be heading his way soon and there are a sleigh-full of things we are planning on doing while I'm there. Here is a short list of dates we have planned:

Drive around to look at Christmas lights
Drink peppermint hot cocoa from Starbucks (if you haven't tried this stuff, you should know it's amazing)
Watch Elf (with Will Ferrell) and other Christmas movies
Bake and decorate cookies together
Make a gingerbread house
Attend a local production of The Nutcracker (the university there puts it on every December)
Last minute Christmas shopping at the mall (so we can see Santa of course!)
Cut snowflakes out of white paper and hang them up


We live in southern New Mexico, so snow is scare. For this reason, I've left off other dates that would include being in the snow like making a snowman or snow angels, going sledding, and having a snowball fight. Rest assured though, if we had snow on the ground, we would be doing all of this as well!

What are your favorite things to do with your significant other this time of year? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment