Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week 12 & 13: New Booze and Nail Design

Things with school have been crazy lately, and I'll admit, I have been neglectful these last two weeks. However, to make up for it I'm doing a 'double-feature' this morning! Check it out :)


The New:
This weekend I discovered a new mixed drink and the joy of using stamps on my nails. Let me tell you about these one at a time.


Fruity Blue Drink:

  • 2 oz. vodka
  • 1 oz. coconut rum
  • 1 oz. blue kinky
  • 1 oz. sour mix
  • 2 oz. pineapple juice
  • top it off with sprite
I found a similar drink on Pinterest (shocking, I know) and tweaked it some.


Nail Stamping:
A few years ago, I got a nail-stamping kit for Christmas and I was so excited to use it! But my Christmas break went by way to fast and when I brought it back home, it found its way to the very back of a cabinet that I rarely open. So long story short, I never got the chance to use it. 
When I happened upon it this weekend though, I got excited all over again and used it for the first time. When you scroll down to look at the pictures, just keep that "first time" part in mind! It's harder than it looks!



The Evidence:






I suppose the stamp isn't terrible, but I won't dare show you what my non-dominant hand produced...




The Verdict:

Seeing as my 21st birthday was less than a month ago, I am definitely still enjoying concocting new things to try. This blue fruity drink (even though it's less blue and more teal) was pretty good and I will more than likely make it again.

This whole nail-stamping endeavor is definitely something I need to keep practicing and working with! I have nowhere near perfected the technique, but I did have a lot of fun trying to figure it out. It will surely provide a little variety in my future nail-painting.











No comments:

Post a Comment