Monday, May 18, 2015

Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet

Here is the first of 12 new recipes that I have decided to try this year! I got the original recipe from here, but I made some adjustments for my own benefit, so they aren't exactly the same.



Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet

Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked brown rice
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cups frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can enchilada sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend

Directions:
1. Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet and add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and corn. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add in black beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin and oregano, and stir until well combined. Add in cooked rice and stir.
4. Top with cheese and wait a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
5. Serve warm with tortillas.


Tell me what you think about this recipe in the comments! I sure enjoyed it :)





No comments:

Post a Comment