Saturday, September 12, 2015

Small Smashed Potatoes

First off, I am completely aware of how long it has been since my last post, but to be fair, post-graduation life has held a lot of new adventures that have been taking up most of my time. Secondly, I have been keeping up with my resolutions, continuing to try new things, I just haven't made the time to share them here. That being said, here is the start of my effort to get all caught up!


Small Smashed Potatoes:

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 small potatoes per person (I used both red and yellow potatoes)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil per person
  • salt & pepper

Directions:
1. Place the potatoes in a pot of water and boil them until they are tender. This should take about 20 minutes, depending on how many potatoes you are cooking. When they are finished cooking, drain the water and let them cool for a few minutes, so they are not too hot to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pat the potatoes dry and smash each one with something flat, like a small plate or the bottom of a measuring cup. Put smashed potatoes onto a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and season with salt and pepper, making sure that the potatoes are evenly coated.
4. Cook the potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes. Take them out, flip them over, and cook them for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve the potatoes warm, and store the leftovers in the fridge.

These potatoes come out crispy and delicious! To give this recipe some more flavor, try using garlic salt or garnishing them with chopped parsley. 

Here is the link for the recipe I used.

I hope you enjoy these potatoes as much as I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment