Friday, December 19, 2014

Week 44: New Cobbler Recipe

Slowly but surely, I am catching up on these new things in blog form. Here's yet another yummy dessert that I made, a couple of weeks ago.


The New:
I have a boyfriend who loves himself some berries, so I decided to find a recipe for berry cobbler and whip it up. I came across several, but any crockpot recipe has instant dibs in my kitchen, so here's what I ended up making:

Triple Berry Crockpot Cobbler

Ingredients:
1 cup and 1/4 cup flour (separated)
1 cup and 3 Tbsp. sugar (separated)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1/8 tsp. salt
3 cups frozen berries ( I used a mix of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice


Directions:
1. Combine 1 cup flour, 3 Tbsp. sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and canola oil until well-blended. Add mixture to dry ingredients from first step, and mix together until just moistened. Spread over the bottom of crockpot.
3. Mix remaining flour (1/4 cup) and sugar (1 cup) together. Add in lemon juice and berries and toss berries in mixture, coating the berries evenly. Spread the berries over batter in crockpot.
4. Cook on low for 2 to 2.5 hours, or until batter is cooked through. Serve with ice cream if desired.


The Evidence:






The berries that I used had been frozen, defrosted, and frozen again, so they were a little extra juicy, but seemed to work out just fine.






The Verdict:
This cobbler is definitely one that I will be making again, but next time with more breading or fewer berries! Other than that though, it was delicious and flavorful, just as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment